Monday, December 14, 2009
Just Breathe
I know I just need to relax but the information I have read over the last few months has forever change me, and I must not ignore this change or the responsibilities I have to my forebears and my posterity, to myself. I have been awakened to find that the vision I had of my country is just that, my vision, and unfortunately I have little power to implement my vision. I am, I believe, correct in thinking that the vision I had of these United States a couple of months ago is very similar to the one that is shared by most Americans. One of fairness, openness, righteousness, one of benevolence and beauty. I have envisioned the United States of America to be the a land where honor, bravery, honesty, and moral character are attributes of the majority of its citizens, and most certainly every elected official, but alas I am shamed to find out I have been duped, hoodwinked, buffaloed, I have been LIED to. I am one of hapless many who has been skillfully lulled into a peaceful slumber. We have lived through the tepid summer months, we have enjoyed the caress of warm breezes and tickle of green grass as we've frolicked with each other in the warm tantalizing sun. Did we feel the change as bright songbird filled mornings have slowly given away their power over moments to the cold temperatures of night. The majestic fall came and whispered into our ears and touch our cheeks with its chilling message of the impending storms of wind and winter. Oh the winter, the winter demands, the winter is unforgiving, yes spring will come but only after this hollow necessity is given its due over the land, perhaps that is why we stole away into the darkened caves seeking refuge, thinking a winter slumber was in order, we where looking for a place to hide from the brutality of winter. The storms have blown and swayed, pounded and buried the land their powers have awakened us from our absence. This winter can only end when I stretch forth out through the cold and stoke the eternal fire of liberty. I hope that today, RIGHT NOW I have done just that. I will sleep now more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment